22 February 2010

It's not just me - Avatar isn't that good.



Well The BAFTAs are over and even better is that Avatar only won best Production Design and Best Visual Effects. Apparently the British Academy aren't stupid and realise that just because something is pretty and technologically cutting edge, (and is in essence a white mans guilt fantasy) doesn't make up for a lack of dialogue, originality, acting ability or any semblance of a script. I don't really care for all the award shows stuff all that much but all Avatars nominations annoyed me. It's so over-rated and just so disappointing. The New York Times claims it cost $500m to make and it appears that none of that budget went into the writing. I have no problem with Avatar winning technical awards but if it wins Best Picture in the Oscars I will lose faith in the Hollywood elite forever. Oh wait.. never mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Happy Slap's Fan Box